Oreo and cheesecake in the same bite. It does not get any better.
These creamy, dreamy muffins have Oreo crusts with thick cheesecake layers infused with even more Oreo crumbs. Topped with piles of broken Oreos, they look like speckled works of art and disappear fast. Every bite has the sweet crunch of Oreo and the smooth, whipped tanginess of cheesecake. Sink your teeth in these or make them just because they look marvelous.
Oreo Cheesecake Muffins (makes 12)
12 muffin liners
2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (5 Oreos, crushed with rolling pin or equivalent)
5 Oreos broken into crumbs and bigger pieces (for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place 12 muffin liners in a muffin pan and then place one Oreo cookie in each liner.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer.
4. Once batter is smooth, scrape bowl down.
4. Mix in sugar and vanilla until smooth and then scrape bowl down the sides to make sure everything is incorporated.
5. Beat in eggs and scrape bowl down and beat once more until smooth.
6. Sprinkle Oreo crumbs and/or larger pieces, and mix.
7. Use a medium ice cream scooper to distribute batter into each muffin cup.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until center of cheesecake muffins jiggle slightly and edges are set.
9. Cool to room temperature (about 1 hour), then place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
*Scraping the bowl down is important (as stated in instructions). It prevents unmixed cream cheese from lingering in the batter.
*These muffins are perfect for freezing for later. You can make them months ahead of time. Wrap well before freezing and thaw overnight in fridge before serving.
*Cream cheese combines best with other ingredients if it’s room temperature. Take cream cheese out of fridge at least 30 minutes before you plan to use it. Or, microwave it for 15-20 seconds.
*There is no wrong way to make Oreo cookie crumbs and pieces. Crush with a blender or food processor, place them in a large plastic bag and smash them with a rolling pin, chop with a knife, or break up with your hands.
*Use a combination of Oreo cookie crumbs and larger pieces. For a lighter cheesecake batter, reduce the crushed Oreos or eliminate them and add more chopped, large pieces.
One thought on “Oreo Cheesecake Muffins”
Looks delicious!! Freeze some for me
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone