Ooey, gooey, and GREEN in honor of Saint Patrick’s Day, you’ll adore this batch so much you’ll want s’more. This fun twist on a classic dessert is like finding a pot of edible gold.
S’mores (the Girl Scout concoction of roasted marshmallow with melted chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham crackers) is one part of camping you can re-create in your kitchen without the packing, unpacking, and mosquitos.
Still gooey, these are less messy and more contained than the classic sticky sandwich. If you like mint, you can use Andes Chocolate Mint Candy. The graham cracker crust is sweet like caramel. The melted chocolate forms a perfect pocket for the soft, gushy marshmallow, and the hardened chocolate on top is perfection.
These muffins are the next best thing if you cannot make them by the campfire, in green, for St. Patrick’s Day.
Shamrock S’more Muffins (makes 12)
1 ½ cups graham crackers, finely crushed (12 full sheets or 24 square crackers)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup and 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (4.4 oz) extra large milk chocolate bar, broken into rectangles (or 12 miniature milk chocolate bars or 1 xx oz package of Andes Mint Chocolate Candies)
12 large green marshmallows
1 (4.4 oz) extra large milk chocolate bar, broken into rectangles
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter.
3. Evenly divide crumb mixture into each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. Use your finger to press an indent into the center of each muffin cup.
4. Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges are bubbling. Pull out and immediately place one mini chocolate bar on each cup.
5. Place one marshmallow vertically in the center of each muffin and push it into the melted chocolate/graham cracker crust.
6. Return muffin pan to oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly softened.
7. Place muffin pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before carefully removing cups from pan. After 5 minutes, gently press marshmallows to flatten them slightly.
8. Transfer muffins to cool completely on wire rack.
9. To prepare topping: place milk chocolate in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute-1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
10. Dip the top of each marshmallow into the melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand until set.
Store the cups in a single layer in an airtight container for up to one week.
Freezing is not recommended.