These muffins taste like homemade chocolate chip cookies. They have a sweet, chewy, golden top and a soft, cookie dough-texture throughout. Melted chocolate chunks abound in every single bite, and the chunks on top are irresistible.
These muffins are easy to bake and disappear fast. To reheat, pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds, then sink your teeth into the melty, moist chocolately deliciousness.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins (makes 18)
1 ½ cups flour
½ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup milk (whole or skim)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips (optional, for sprinkling on tops)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Mix in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined.
5. Fold in 1 ¼ cups chocolate chunks/chips.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to spoon batter into muffin cups, to two-thirds full. (Add some water to any empty muffin cups to ensure even baking.)
7. Prod a few chocolate chips/chunks into the top of each muffin cup (optional).
8. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean (with the exception of melted chocolate).
9. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.