Sunny yellow in color, just-baked Butter Muffins will fill your home with the scent of sugar melting. Out of the oven, the finished product leaves you feeling like you just walked into an awesome bakery on a Sunday morning.
But don’t just bake them to make your house smell delicious. The taste is buttery, rich and sweet. The texture is like a cookie-cake. And, milk with vanilla adds protein on a cozy morning in a happy home.
Butter Muffins (makes 18)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp milk or yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until well combined. Add eggs, vanilla and milk and mix well.
4. Fold flour mixture into wet mixture and mix well.
5. With an ice cream scoop, distribute batter into muffin cups.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until muffins appear slightly golden around the edges and on top.
7. Let muffins cool 5 minutes in pans and then transfer to wire rack. Serve warm.