The honey flavor is outstanding in this recipe. These muffins are tender and delicious. They are light, fluffy, super easy to make, and lovely when warm, right out of the oven. Serve them warm with a little honey and butter drizzled over them or use a knife to insert a small pat of butter while they’re still hot.
This simple, delicious recipe is perfect for Rosh Hashana or just because. Start your own tradition by serving muffins instead of honey cake. These will definitely become a family favorite.
Honey Muffins (makes 12)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter, and honey.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.
5. Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pan to a wire rack.