These bright yellow, hot pink speckled, Strawberry Lemonade Muffins are candy for the eyes. They don’t spill! And they contain some protein from the eggs and milk.
The color of these muffins is a natural yellow, so brilliant that it will bring smiles and brighten your day. The flavor is buttery lemon with moist strawberry topping, which makes them as refreshing as the original strawberry lemonade beverage. Not the time to teach your children to share! Simply enjoy.
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins (makes 12)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
3 Tbsp lemon juice
zest of 2 large lemons (about 2 Tbsp)
1 cup strawberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray or line it with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, mix butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
4. Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Stir.
5. Fold in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
6. Spoon batter into greased muffin pan, filling each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
7. Sprinkle tops of muffins with chopped strawberries. Prod into batter.
8. Bake for 4 minutes at 400 (this helps muffins to rise), then turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for another 16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Allow muffins to cool in the muffin pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
One thought on “Strawberry Lemonade Muffins”
Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.
Sent from my iPhone