A bowl of creamy old-fashioned oatmeal is a healthy and nutritious way to start the morning, but who has time to cook the old-fashioned way. Amp up your morning bowl of oatmeal by muffinizing™, and start enjoying the old-time breakfast anew.
Incredible is an understatement. These muffins are hearty and filling. Sweet, but not too sweet. Serve for dinner on a cold winter’s day alongside some soup, or for breakfast year-round.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins (makes 18-20)
1 1/2 cups oats (old fashioned or quick oats)
2 and 2/3 cups flour (white, whole-wheat, or a mixture of both)
2/3 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, melted (cooled)
1 heaping cup chocolate chips (mini or regular) or raisins or chocolate and raisins
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, four, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, and butter.
4. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. With an ice cream scoop, spoon batter into muffin cups to 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until tops are light golden.